Organic sweet potatoes were on sale when I did this week’s grocery shopping, so I stocked up! They store so nicely in a cool dry place and they cook up super quick and easy especially roasted! Not to mention they are JAM PACKED with vitamins and nutrients!
One medium sweet potato contains 438% of your daily value of vitamin A! (Check out a very informative article on the benefits of vitamin A HERE)
One medium sweet potato also contains:
- calcium (4%)
- vitamin C (37%),
- Iron (4%).
- 4 grams of fiber
- 2 grams of protein!
It’s a pretty powerful food! If you aren’t already a fan of this wonderful vegetable, I highly urge you to give it a try!!
Not only are they packed with health-boosting nutrients, but they are a delicious side that goes really well with SO many meals. Everything from chicken or beef to pork or even fish! I made them tonight to go with my Turkey Wild Rice Meatballs. (YUMMERS!)
Sometimes I will make mashed sweet potatoes which are also pretty easy, but roasting them is quick with minimal cleanup. Who seriously doesn’t love that!
All you need to make this delicious side dish is:
- Organic sweet potatoes – peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Extra virgin olive oil – about 1 Tbsp per medium to large potato
- Salt – I prefer the Himalayan pink salt (I usually get mine at Costco or Trader Joes)
- Pepper – Fresh ground has the best flavor
- Butter – Organic and/or grass-fed ( I LOVE Kerrygold! The best price I’ve found is at Costco)
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Once you have your sweet potatoes peeled and cut, spread them out on a cookie sheet, (I will sometimes line mine with parchment paper to prevent sticking.)
- drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, broil on high for an additional 2-5 minutes. This will brown them more and add more crispiness.
- Serve topped with butter. (Oh yum! Can you tell I love butter?!)
The full printable version of this recipe is at the very bottom of this post. Print it out and give it a try! I have another really awesome roasted potato recipe you should check out too! It uses fresh herbs and red potatoes, you can check it out HERE.
Posted in some of my favorite blog hops!